Protect Your Information
By taking certain precautions you become your best defense with regards to protecting your
personal information. These precautions are as follows:
Create a strong Password
When it comes to dealing with your money, having a weak password which can be easily cracked can
lead to many problems. Here are some tips for creating or changing your password:
- Your RepublicOnline account should have a different password from sites that you
- Refrain from using special dates, people and pet's names as passwords that friends or
acquaintances can easily guess.
- Avoid using complete words that appear in the dictionary regardless of the language and
instead try using syllables or acronyms. One option is to start with the first letters of a
familiar phrase. For example, "Mary had a little lamb" becomes Mhall, which could be part of
a secure password.
- By using a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers, and punctuation/special
characters (such as &^$#) you decrease the chances of intruders with malicious intent
gaining access to your account.
- Keep your passwords safe. Instead of writing it down in a place where others can find, use a
password management program which securely stores it and keeps prying eyes out.
- Passwords should be kept confidential, it is hard to predict what the future will bring in
relationships or coworkers therefore it is sensible not share it with others.
Choose a good Username
Your username is the key to your online identity on many sites. Here are some tips for choosing a
- When choosing a username, choose one that you can remember. If a username is unusual you may
not be able to remember it the next time you wish to log in.
- Keep usernames simple. Usernames with too many symbols or upper and lower case letters can
slow you down when typing it in.
- Choose Username wisely. RepublicOnline does not provide the option to change your
username after signing up.
- Decide whether you want to remain anonymous. On some community sites, your username will
appear next to each of your public posts.
- Slow down. If you choose a username in haste, you may not be able to change it later. This
is especially important for accounts that stay with you for years to come.
You can contact Republic Bank's Call Centre to report any suspicious activity or
to simply get information or guidance. You can reach our Call Centre at
868-623-4RBL (868-623-4725) or send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org