Check out these insightful tips:
- Your username and password for financial institution should be different to social or
recreational sites and other websites where you may conduct transactions. Check out how to
create a good password.
- Anti-virus software should be installed and set up to scan your system automatically.
- Ensure your computer and Internet browser are running the latest versions and updates. Visit
the manufacturer's Web site and download any updates if needed.
- Change your user name and password frequently.
- Be conscious of what you allow to connect to your computer. Memory sticks, music players and
mobile phone devices can spread viruses and may lead to a data leakage from your computer.
Only allow devices that you trust or configure your computer to restrict access for
- If you become a victim of identity theft, contact your financial institutions (banks, credit
unions, credit card companies) who are affected and contact the following organizations
which maintain information about your credit ratings.
You can contact Republic Bank's Call Centre to report any suspicious activity or
to simply get information or guidance. You can reach our Call Centre at
868-623-4RBL (868-623-4725) or send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org